Spicy Chilled Summer Pasta and Veggie Salad Recipe
Spicy and cool – the perfect pasta salad combination! Yummy!
- 1 1/4 cup spicy tomato juice (like V-8)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 (16 oz) pkg uncooked ziti (or pasta of your choice)
- 2 young cucumbers, scrubbed, scored, and diced
- 1 regular carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Mix the dressing ingredients (everything except the ziti and vegetables) in a bowl using a whisk to thoroughly combine, then cover and refrigerate while preparing the pasta.
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling, salted water until just al dente; drain well and chill. When pasta is chilled, remove from refrigerator and put in a large serving bowl. Add all the veggies to the bowl with the pasta, then drizzle on the chilled salad dressing, mixing and adding more until you have enough on the salad for your taste.
- Add salt and pepper if needed. Serve chilled. Will serve 4 to 6.