Lime Drenched Scallops with Savory White Wine Sauce Recipe
The summer heat makes this yummy recipe even more enticing. The lime drenched scallops and the savory white wine sauce are bursting with delicious flavor!
- drizzle oil for cooking
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 limes; one juiced, one halved and cut into thin slices
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 lb. sea scallops
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- cooked linguine or rice
- Put oil in a saucepan along with garlic and cook over low heat until garlic is just fragrant and softened.
- Add white wine and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes, then add the chicken broth and bring to a gentle simmer, allow to simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the juice of 1 lime to the saucepan, then add the cilantro, stir, remove from heat, cover and set aside.
- Prepare the scallops by putting them in a large bowl with 1 Tbsp of olive oil and a dash of salt and pepper. Heat a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat and add scallops, cooking very quickly, stirring until golden brown on the outside and cooked through, about 3 or 4 minutes at the most. Add the lime slices and continue cooking, stirring, for 30 seconds longer, then turn this mixture into a large serving bowl and pour the liquid from the saucepan over the scallops, cover and let sit for a couple minutes.
- Serve this over linguine or rice with the sauce poured over. Makes 2 servings.