Healthy Fruit Squares Recipe
There are so many yummy recipes that are also good for you because they’re healthy. This healthy fruit squares recipe is just one yummy snack that you can enjoy and not feel guilty for snacking!
- 12 oz mixed dried fruit of your choice (dates, apricots, raisins etc)
- 4 oz nuts (cashews, almonds, walnuts, hazelnuts or Brazil nuts)
- 4 oz desiccated coconut
- Grated rind of 1 orange or lemon
- A little orange juice
- Extra desiccated coconut for coating
- Process dried fruit mixture and nuts in a food processor until finely chopped.
- Add coconut and grated rind of orange or lemon and process again, adding the orange juice to make a firm paste.
- Sprinkle desiccated coconut in an 8inch square cake tin, press the fruit mixture into the tin and finish off with some more coconut. Press down well!
- Put a weight on top of the cake tin and chill in the fridge. When chilled and firm slice into 1 inch squares and enjoy!