Fettucine With Lemony Asparagus and Salmon Sauce
Fettucine With Lemony Asparagus and Salmon Sauce Recipe
- 1 lb. pkg uncooked fettuccine
- 1 lb. fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut with angle into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 lemon zested and juiced, in separate bowls
- 1 cup light cream
- 1 lemon cut into thin wedges
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 skinless salmon fillet, cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 oz. Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- Bring a large pot of water to boiling and add 2 teaspoons salt, then add fettuccine, bring back to a boil, reduce heat and cook 3 minutes less than time directed on package, then add asparagus and cook 2 more minutes; Put colander in large bowl and drain spaghetti/asparagus through colander, reserving liquid; set aside.
- Into small bowl, put the lemon zest, add the cream, stirring to combine.
- Into another small bowl, put the lemon juice.
- In the pot spaghetti was cooked in, add oil and salmon pieces, cooking over medium heat until salmon just turns opaque, about 4 or 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add to the pot with salmon the pasta/asparagus, cream/zest mixture, lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper.
- Over medium heat, cook a couple more minutes, until pasta is tender, but still al dente.
- If mixture seems too dry, ladle in a bit of the reserved pasta water, stir until sauce coats the pasta well, but doesn’t get watery. Sprinkle on Parmesan cheese and toss.
- Serve hot in pasta bowls with lemon wedges and more Parmesan cheese if desired.
- Serves 4 to 6.