Crock Pot Oregano Rubbed Lemon Chicken Recipe
Who doesn’t love cooking with their Crock Pot? This yummy recipe for Crock Pot Oregano Rubbed Lemon Chicken is sure to tickle the taste buds of the entire family. It’s totally delicious and super easy to make. And with the Crock Pot, you can be doing just about anything while the meal is cooking.
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 lbs. chicken breast halves, boneless skinless
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 fresh lemons, squeezed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp chicken bouillon granules
- 1 tsp chopped fresh parsley
- Mix together the oregano, salt, and pepper in a little bowl and then rub this mixture into the chicken. Put butter in a large heavy skillet over medium heat, and when butter melts and skillet is hot, set chicken in and brown it on both sides, about 3 to 5 minutes each side. Remove the chicken and arrange evenly in the crock pot.
- In the same skillet, add the water, lemon juice, garlic, and bouillon, and bring this mixture to a boil, stirring to get up the browned bits from skillet, then immediately pour over the chicken in the crock pot.
- Cover and set crock pot to LOW and allow to cook for 6 to 7 hours. About 15 minutes before the end of cooking time, sprinkle parsley on top of the chicken, cover the crock pot and continue cooking the remaining 15 minutes.
- Serve with a side of rice or potatoes if desired. Serves 6.